Meet the Locals:
Board & Brush
277 N Hwy 74
Peachtree City, GA 30269
1. Tell us a little about who YOU are
(if there is more than one person featured on the Facebook Live, feel free to include them as well)—what’s your name? Who are you to the establishment? Your connection to Peachtree City?
Hello! My name is Jacquie Hlozek and I am the studio manager of Board & Brush Peachtree city. I have been working at Board & Brush for almost 3 years now and managing for a year. I consider myself a Peachtree City native and have been living in the area for over 26 years now. Our owners Suzanne Platt and Farrah Sinclair own and run our sister studio in Athens, GA.
2. 3 fun facts about your local business.
1. Our DIY wood sign workshops started as a “Girl’s Night Out” with wine and crafts in our founder’s basement in Wisconsin. This later grew into over 273 franchised studios throughout the US!
2. You can create more than just wood decor signs at our workshops! We also offer specialty workshops where you can create benches, porch planters, backyard games, doormats, tote bags and corn hole sets.
3. We add new designs the first of every month so there is a large catalog of over 400 projects for you to choose from and create!
3. What is a class/night out at Board and Brush like?
At Board & Brush in Peachtree City, we marry the joy of wine and paint with the classic timelessness of wooden signs. Our instructor led DIY wood sign workshops allow you to combine your creativity and willingness to learn new skills. Once you arrive, you will be guided to your seat where all of your supplies will be waiting for you. All you need to bring is yourself and a can-do attitude. While creating your personalized DIY project, you will gain the experience of distressing the wood, sanding, assembling your boards, and choosing the stain and paint options exactly to your personal preference to match the décor of your home or to give as a gift. Our wonderful instructors and assistants are on hand to lead you through every step. At the end, you will have a custom wood sign that you will be proud to hang in your home for years to come.
4. What’s the most exciting thing about being a business in Peachtree City?
The small town atmosphere with close proximity to Atlanta. We enjoy hosting familiar faces at our workshops as well as meeting new ones, may they be new to the area or in town visiting!
5. What would be a tip or piece of advice you give to someone who’s never visited Peachtree City before?
The best way to experience the heart of Peachtree City is by golf cart. Rent a golf cart and explore our miles of golf cart paths! And make sure to check out some of our one of kind restaurants, boutiques, and your local DIY wood making studio along the way!
6. Anything else new/exciting that you’d like to share?
We offer a variety of fun themed workshops every month! Kid friendly events, trivia nights, free bonus signs, mini signs, and even workshops with free mimosas! Make sure to visit our website and check out our calendar of events so you don’t miss out on the DIY fun!